Dealing With Bees Around The Pool
As summer continues to heat up outside, there are a lot of people who are looking forward to cooling off in the pool. Even though you probably want to host your family members and friends around the pool, you probably don’t want to host bees. They can be a tremendous nuisance, they can sting people, and they can be particularly problematic for people who are allergic to them. What are some of the best ways to deal with bees around the pool?
How Do You Know if There Is a Bee Hive on Your Property?
There are a few signs that could indicate that you have a beehive on or near your property. They include:
- There are lots of bees that appear to be flying in and out of holes on your property. A few common examples include tree stumps, roof eaves, and shed floors.
- You might see a lot of these randomly flying around a structure that does not appear to be a source of food or water.
- You might have bees exhibiting very aggressive behavior toward yourself and your guests. This is a sign that they are mobilizing to protect the hive that might be nearby.
The biggest reason why bees like to hang out near a pool is that it is easier for them to cool off. Just as you like being able to cool off near the pool, bees like to do the same thing. This is because if the temperature is over 95 degrees F, it could predispose bees to hive melt.
How To Deal With Bees Around the Pool
If you are looking for a way to keep bees away from your pool, there are several important tips to keep in mind. They include:
- Use Deterring Scents: Try to put scents around the pool that will drive bees away. For example, you may want to use peppermint, spearmint, or thyme. If you add these to a bottle and spray it around the pool, it may prevent bees from showing up.
- Avoid Flower Smells: You should try to avoid flowery fragrances around the pool. These will only attract more bees to you because they are similar to the nectar that bees like. While it is important for you to wear sunscreen when you go outside, try to avoid sunscreen that has a sweet smell to it.
- Cover Your Food and Drinks: Of course, you should try to keep your food and drinks covered. You have probably already realized that when you open up your food and drinks, lots of bugs, including bees, tend to show up. Try to keep your food and drinks covered accordingly.
- Have Another Watering System: Bees need access to cold water to cool off. If your pool is the only source of water in the immediate area, that is where they will go. If you want to get them away from your pool, try to provide them with another source of water, such as a bowl with tap water. Do not forget to provide bees with a rock or stick they can use to access the water. They cannot land directly on top of the water itself.
Of course, if you really want to effectively deal with bees around the pool, it is critical to reach out to a professional service that can help you. That way, you can reduce your chances of getting stung, and you can make sure you get rid of the bees quickly and safely.
Call a Professional Company To Do an Inspection
If you see a bunch of bees flying around your pool, you should not try to look for the hive yourself. Instead, you should reach out to a professional company that can do an inspection. Some of the reasons why you should call a professional include:
- You can significantly reduce your chances of being stung by a bee if you reach out to an expert with the right equipment to deal with a bee hive.
- You will make sure that the entirety of the hive is removed, reducing your chances of the problem coming back.
- You can talk to an expert about different tips and tricks you can follow to keep bees away in the future.
A professional team has the experience necessary to deal with the problem quickly.
For all of these reasons, you need to trust a professional company to do an inspection and remove the beehive on your behalf. If you are looking for a local expert to help you, trust our team.
Call Buzz Tech AZ Professional Bee Removal
If you need help removing bees from your property, Buzz Tech AZ Professional Bee Removal can help you. We have an unparalleled level of experience, we have the equipment necessary to do the job properly on the first attempt, and we are properly licensed and insured. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!